Sunday, May 23, 2010

The end is near....

9 MORE DAYS!!!!! Since the end of school is pretty much all I can think about right now, I'll talk about that!

But even though I'm really ready to be done and ready for summer, I'm also a little sad about it. At our school everyone splits after junior high and goes to one of two high schools. So basically I'll still be at high school with some of my friends (luckily my bestest friends), but a lot of my other friends are going somewhere else. With things like this everyone says things like, "We'll still hang out!" and "We'll talk to each other all the time!" but then it doesn't really happen. Everyone moves on, meets new people, and doesn't really keep up with the people they used to know. So I am a little sad that after this year I won't be with some people anymore.

On the other hand, I am so sick of school I can't stand it. Teachers all seem to think, "Oh no, I only have two weeks left! Did I teach them enough?? I must not have! I should give them more to do!" Or, in the case of my science teacher, "Wow, these kids are getting way too excited. I'd better give them 10 more worksheets to do." The last month or so of school is also pretty crazy because all the sudden the students realize, "Oh no, the year's almost over and my grade hasn't raised yet." "I didn't do that?" "What the heck was that assignment?" "Wait that humongous term project is do next week??" And stuff like that. So really, I'm ready to be done with all of that for three months and enjoy summer. :)

What do I like about summer?

  • It is sunny and hot. I am a warm kind of person and I hate being cold. (That's really hard when you live in Utah) I can finally wear my shorts, and I can walk out the door without a coat.
  • My birthday!!! I'm one year older, I can finally start driving, and I get presents!
  • Swimming! My favorite thing to do when it's sunny!
  • FREE TIME! I saw something you could like about this on facebook today: "Oh hey life! I didn't see you there behind all that school!" This couldn't be more true. When you're spending all your time on school stuff you don't have much time to do things you actually want to do. Like spending time with your friends, going to movies, umm... learn to skydive? Stuff you would never have time to do during the year.
  • Vacations!!! Going fun places you would never go during the school year because you just don't have time! And my parents almost never take us places during school because they don't like us to miss anything unless it's a funeral or something.
Pretty much, I just want to try to make this summer one of my best ever! I'm going to do tons of stuff with friends, get some sun while it lasts, and HAVE FUN!

0 comments: