Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Start

I am so excited for this new semester! New classes, teachers, and a fresh start. Last term didn't go as well as I'd hoped. My grades weren't bad. They were actually pretty good. It's just that everything was A or A- except for one B+. Which I've never had before. But this term it's my goal to get straight As. Even if at the end of high school I still have that B+, I'll be fine with it as long as I tried my hardest every term after that and got the best grades I possibly could. That's what will really make me happy in the end.

I am pretty sad that I'm not in Theatre anymore. That class was really hard, but really fun and a great experience. On the last day of school we all had a bonding activity. We sat in a big circle and she asked a question that everyone had to answer. It started with things like, "What's your favorite food?" and "What's the grossest thing you've ever had to eat?" but then it was things like, "Who has made the most progress during this class?" or "Who in this class is the most like you?" It was really cool listening to everyone's answers because you could tell that a lot of people had made new and close friends with people they might not have even talked to otherwise. I know I did.

I was really surprised when one boy started crying. I mean, there are some boys that it wouldn't surprise me if they cried. But then there are some boys that you really never expect to see cry ever. That's why everyone was so surprised when he started crying. It kind of made me sad that someone had to stop taking a class that meant so much to them. But it was also really cool to see how some people were able to make such close friends in that class. It was also cool to see some people that are always really quiet come out of their shells and act in front of the whole class. One super quiet boy even got up and belted out this song from Scarlet Pimpernel. It just made me happy to watch it. I'm glad that I got to have such a great experience from Theatre this year. It pushed me really hard, and I made a lot of friends.

Even though I can't do Theatre anymore with all those people, I'm still excited to have classes with different people I didn't get to see a lot this year. I'm going to have a different class of 8th graders as an AL for Mrs. Nelson, so that will be like 30 new people I didn't know before. I'm also going to be able to stay with all the friends I made in Rhapsody this semester. I am so happy that choir is a full year class. I'm also getting a new Seminary teacher this year, so I'll have gotten to know both teachers. Brother Wood was really awesome, and I heard that Brother Lether is too. So even though I'm sad about some things, I'm really excited about others, and I kind of can't wait for this semester to start!

0 comments: