Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Break

Sadly, Christmas is over. :( I'm pretty sad about that because I love so much about the holiday. But I'm still having fun even if the holiday is over. For one thing, Band Hero is my new favorite Wii game. I'm okay at the guitar, but singing is my favorite. And I like it better than Rock Band because I know more songs on it. It's tons of fun. My favorite songs are "Ocean Avenue", "She Will Be Loved," and "Lips of an Angel."

I also got the "Gallagher Girls" series by Ally Carter. They were really good, so... I kind of read all three that day. They are about a girl named Cameron (Cammie) Morgan. She goes to Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, which seems like a normal boarding school for snobby rich girls. But what it really is, is a school for spies. Instead of PE, they have P&E. (Protection and Enforcement) All of the girls are black belts in karate, know 14 different languages, and are pretty much geniuses. The one problem is that, going to an all-girl school, none of them know how to act around boys. This becomes a problem with Cammie throughout the books. (Yes, there is definitely romance) The one thing that disappointed me was that the third book ended without any resolutions. You have to wait for the fourth book (Only The Good Spy Young) to find out anything. But it is still a favorite series.

I also received a brand new iHome for Christmas and some new headphones! Both are exactly the same shade of purple as my wonderful iPod. Now, instead of waking up to a super-annoying beep, I can wake up to whatever songs I want! I'm excited! I also got a lot of clothes for Christmas. They made up most of my presents. Other people might be disappointed by that, but I love them. I actually already knew which clothes I was getting, since I picked them out myself, but opening them was exciting all the same.

I also have a new favorite movie! Yesterday I saw, "The Princess And The Frog." It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Basically, there are two girls, Charlotte and Tiana. Charlotte gets whatever she wants in life because of her super-rich father, and she is a firm believer in fairy tales. Tiana is poor, but spends all her time working so she can fulfill her and her father's dream of building their own restaurant. When Prince Naveen comes along to marry Charlotte, he messes with a Voodoo man and is turned into a frog. Long story short, he gets Tiana to kiss him, she also becomes a frog, and they have to travel the Bayou to find the Voodoo witch who lives there so they can be human again. Throughout the show there is plenty of music, because, of course, this is Disney. Unlike other princess movies, this one takes place in New Orleans in the 1900's. I loved it!

Anyways, my Christmas was fantastic, and I'm so glad I get another week to sleep in!

0 comments: