Monday, September 14, 2009

Music!

"When you see a guy reach for stars in the sky, you can bet that he's doing it for some doll!"

This song has been stuck in my head for days! Agh! (It's from Guys and Dolls) We've been having a lot of fun in choir these past couple of weeks singing songs from Guys and Dolls, Newsies, and Grease. It's really fun learning new songs-and singing songs I already knew-in four part harmony! We're having our musical revue in October, which will be way fun!

Why do I like music? I guess it would have to be because I like singing so much. My brother gets really frustrated when he tries to show me his music. He always says things like, "Isn't this guitar part so awesome?" and, "Listen to these drums! Don't they sound so cool?" But I just can't really appreciate that when I listen to his music. To me, his songs are all really chaotic, and my favorite part, the singer, is drowned out by all the drums and guitars. I like the music that I can sing along to. That's what makes me enjoy music. I like listening to the words and finding out what they mean. I really like the song, "Fireflies", by Owl City. My brother doesn't like it because he says the background music is too simple. I like it that way. To me, the accompaniment should just enhance the singer's voice-which to me is what really matters! If I can tell what they're saying, I like their voice, and I can sing along, than the song's great!

I went to piano lessons today, but I was pretty much falling asleep the whole time. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to do anything well when you can't stay awake? *sigh* Well, I'm off to bed to catch up on the sleep I didn't realize I was losing! More later this week! Good night!

0 comments: