Sunday, September 27, 2009

Procrastination

Why do today what I could put off until tomorrow?

You know, some people can actually do things a month in advance. My little sister is always working on projects that aren't due until 3rd term! Next semester! This is completely incomprehensible to me. I tend to leave things (such as this blog post) until the very last possible second. Sometimes I get motivated when I first start things (such as last week's blog posts), but then a week later I'm back to procrastinating. For some reason, when I don't procrastinate, it bugs me. Yesterday and today I spent hours working on these projects for one of my classes. Today I called my friend to ask a question about them-and found out that they're due next Monday. I wasted my entire weekend doing that when I could have been doing something fun! In the long-term it will be good, because I can enjoy my UEA weekend without those projects looming over my head, but right now it is just plain annoying.

Maybe I should try being more like my little sister. (Wow, you know something's weird when you're saying that) She always gets everything done AEAP. (As Early As Possible) And then she's in bed by around 9:30. I am almost never in bed by 9:30 because I stay up til 2 in the morning finishing all the homework I could have done a week earlier. Even this year when I have the advantage of having an extra day to do my homework, I still put it off. I'm thinking that I might attempt doing each day's work the day it is assigned. So I do all my B day homework on B days, and my A day homework on A days. Then, if it's almost done, but not quite, I can finish it the next day and it won't be so stressful.

Why does this all the sudden seem to be the place I write down my goals? Oh well. Goals are good. If I write them down on here, I'll actually have proof that I made them and maybe I'll even follow through with them. Well, this is the last thing that I procrastinated for today, so goodbye!

0 comments: