Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall

After this weekend, I officially like fall, even though summer is still my favorite. My family and I went on a hike in Provo Canyon and looked at all the leaves, colors, and waterfalls. There was a lot of orange and red with the occasional green mixed in, and the sky was bright blue. Except for when I got stuck because a sticker thing was caught in my hair (which was freaking me out!) it was tons of fun just to get out and see things change.

I also went to my first corn maze ever! It was way fun and we were totally lost. We were wandering around in this huge maze shaped like Larry H. Miller's head. Every once in awhile we'd find a sign with a number you're supposed to text and then they send you a clue which tells you where to go. What was really funny was when my brother would decide to go a different way and be independent, and then he'd end up in the same place as we did or he came to a dead end. I kind of wish we'd have gone there later when it's dark and people jump out at you, even though I'd be screaming my head off the whole time!

It was also cool looking at all the other aspects of fall there. Like the corn maze, all these AMAZING jack-o-lanterns with pictures that looked way real, (I loved the Snow White and Davy Jones! They were so cool!) the caramel apples, and, of course, hot chocolate and cider. It was just really fun to be out doing something and having fun, even if my brother thought he was too cool for everything. :D We walked around in an inflatable monster thing with all this creepy music and lights and weird things popping out at you.

Even though I hate the cold, I do like this season. I like the colors on the mountains. They’re really pretty and I love watching them. I love how blue the sky is—especially when it’s cloudless. I also like the fun parts of the fall. Getting lost in the corn maze was great. And I love when my family carves jack-o-lanterns and we roast pumpkin seeds. Caramel apples and hot chocolate are absolutely delicious and wonderfully unhealthy. I also refuse to believe that I’m too old to be trick-or-treating, so every year I’m out there running around with my friends dressed up as something weird and screaming at people for candy—and then trying to eat it all in one night. That doesn’t work out so well.

I also like how my mom gets all excited for fall, and she puts up a bunch of decorations. We have jack-o-lantern lights on our porch right now, a ghost thing that keeps falling down no matter where she puts it, a scarecrow thing, a stuffed pumpkin, and other cutesy fall stuff she’s put up. It’s just fun watching her because it’s her absolute favorite season.

Overall, I’m pretty excited about starting October, and I think this fall’s going to be way fun!

0 comments: