Sunday, October 11, 2009

Obsession

People obsess over a lot of things. For example, they might be obsessive compulsive. I think everyone is like that sometimes. Sometimes, when I do things, I have to do it a certain amount of times every single day. I've heard people say that they can't eat M&Ms unless they arrange them by color. Then they eat them in a certain pattern. On Irish Ninja's blog, she said that she can't stand open doors. I'm the same way. If I'm sitting here at the computer and someone walks by me, opens the door to the backyard, walks out, and doesn't shut it, that drives me nuts! Something else people are sometimes OCD about is grades. I know I am. A minuses are the most horrible thing in the world. You know you were about 3% away from getting an A, but you just barely couldn't. I hate being so close, but not close enough. If I get a bad grade, I can usually see it coming because I know I don't understand it or I didn't work hard enough. But if I look on my grades and see an A-, I work my hardest to raise it that extra bit. Wow. I'm really obsessive compulsive about that.

Another thing people obsess about is what they're afraid of. For instance, I have insane bug phobia, especially when it comes to spiders and earwigs. I cannot stand them. Imagine, you're about to get in the shower. You turn it on, shut the shower door, turn around, and then you notice this 2-inch long wolf spider sitting there on the side of your shower. EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK! I screamed, ran upstairs, woke up my dad, and made him come kill it. I wasn't going anywhere near that thing. I was freaking out and shaking. I still think about it everyday, and it was a few weeks ago. I've been showering upstairs ever since, and it took me over a week to start sleeping in my room again. Even now I have to inspect my room for bugs every single night before I can get in bed. Now about earwigs. Remember all that rain we had in June this year? Do you know how many earwigs there were because of that? They were everywhere! In my sink, on my wall, on my bed. I am traumatized for life.

Wasn't that a good example of people obsessing over phobias? I had to force myself to stop ranting about my fear of bugs. I know that bugs can't hurt me, and my fear is totally irrational, but can I help it? Not really.

Another thing people obsess over is things that they're excited about. If you're getting money that day, and you're super excited about it, you'll probably think about it all day. For me, I get super excited whenever a book comes out. Books like Harry Potter, Fablehaven, Percy Jackson, Twilight, and Inheritance, I had to get the day they came out-at midnight if possible! I would be counting down the days until they came out and making sure I had them ASAP! I'm sorry. Things like that just make me happy. But even if it's waiting for a song to come out, or something like that, it's the same feeling. Someone might also be excited because they're going to Lagoon, or the beach, or hiking or something that weekend, and they'll look forward to and think about it all week.

Anyways, there are my random thoughts for the week! I'll try to update earlier next week, I've just been so busy! See ya!

0 comments: