Sunday, October 18, 2009

EEK!!!

I had a pretty scary weekend! I went to Frightmares at Lagoon on Friday with a bunch of other people. The Haunted Houses were so creepy! I went into two of them! There are all these creepy people in each room, or jumping out at you, or chasing you with a chainsaw, or other things like that. My least favorite part was when you had to move a curtain, and you know as soon as you do someone's going to jump out at you. Even when you know none of it is real, you're still freaked out. What is really scary is when you're all by yourself. Most of the time, I was the only one waiting for my friend on crutches, so sometimes I'd be standing all by myself waiting for her to catch up. She and I got confused when we came to the end and saw an "Exit" sign. We thought it was fake, but I checked it anyways and realized it really was the end. I went out to where our other friends were, but then I realized that she just kept going! She came out a couple minutes later, which was really funny!

Another kind of scariness at Lagoon was the roller coasters. I went on one called Wicked for the first time. Before I wouldn't go on it because it goes straight up and then straight down really fast. I went on it anyways, and I actually wasn't scared! I kept waiting for something scary to happen and then it was over. I also went on one called Samurai where you go upside down a lot, and it was way fun! I went on one called Colossus where you go in a loop really fast so you're upside down for part of it. Another fun one was the Spider. It's a roller coaster, but the car thing you're in turns around, so you go down some drops backwards. Usually I'm not a big roller coaster person, but when I went on all of them it was really fun!

Remember last time when I mentioned my super-severe arachnophobia? Just the sight of spiders makes me start hyperventilating, it's horrible. Anyways, last night I was up until around 2 AM reading Fablehaven 4. (Which is a really good book, by the way) Then, all the sudden I saw something on the floor move out of the corner of my eye. It was another spider a couple inches long like the one in my shower a couple weeks ago. AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! After staring at it for a minute, I started looking around for my cell phone so I could have my dad come downstairs and kill it, but I realized I left it upstairs. I thought about running and waking him up to come kill it, but then it might move and I wouldn't know where it was. So I took Breaking Dawn off my shelf, ran over, and smashed the spider. Then I woke up my dad and had him move the body off my floor. After that I still couldn't sleep even though it was so late, or early, so I read until about 4 AM, and the whole time I kept looking around to make sure there weren't any more spiders. I'm pretty tired after getting about 3 hours of sleep last night, and I've tried not to go into my room very much today.

Anyways, that was my scary weekend. October has to be a scary month with Halloween and everything, right?

0 comments: