Sunday, October 25, 2009

"A person can develop a cold!" (Adelaide's Lament- Guys and Dolls)

Ah-Ahh-ACHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you hate that feeling where you really need to sneeze and your nose just isn't cooperating? So annoying. I've had a cold coming on for the last few days, and I kept trying to fight it back because of my show choir performances Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Now that it's over, however, I feel terrible. A cough, stuffy nose, sneezing, sniffling, and an on and off fever. I noticed last night at my performance that everything around me sounded a lot quieter than it really was, except for my nasally, sick voice. My problem is that I can't sit around all day with a blanket and a box of tissues. I get too bored! So no matter how sick I am, I'm still walking around the house, or on Facebook, or playing the piano. It probably isn't really going to help me get better any sooner, but I can't just sit in the same place all day! This is in contrast with my brother, who is also sick, who was either in bed, or on a couch playing on the Wii. All day.

I was REALLY scared last night before my choir performance. My solo is in a song from Grease called, "Those Magic Changes." It is insanely high, and goes up to a really high G. (I think Helena told me the technical musical term for that G, but I can't remember what it was) Anyways, I was not looking forward to attempting that with my cold. When I practiced at home that day, my voice did some pretty scary things. I was very grateful that no one was there to hear them. I definitely didn't want that to happen in front of a room full of people. That would probably make it to the top of my ten most mortifying experiences ever list. To keep that from happening, I made sure I drank plenty of water during the day, and even resorted to taking Tylenol. (Which inevitably triggers a gag reflex every time I drink it) Surprisingly, it ended up being my best night, and my voice didn't squeak or screech or anything. I felt very relieved as I let the next soloist take over and walked back to the risers. The down part of that night, was that my dad couldn't come see it because he was----sick. He had a fever of over 100 degrees and didn't want to give that to whoever was there. But my mom and siblings watched me, and I got ice cream, and went to a pretty awesome party afterward with my friends.

Today wasn't a very productive day. I just felt horrible all day, so I either texted, messed around on the computer, or walked around looking for something to do. I tried reading for a while but felt too tired. I did practice piano for a while and looked at some of the Select Choir music I'm supposed to learn within the next few weeks. I posted a few times on the Discussion Board and am apparently a "Proficient Padowan" now. It's fun reading what other people have to say about different topics. Whether it's the weekly discussion, or recommendations for books, Halloween plans, or random chain games that make no sense. Then I decided to finally do this blog entry. 500 words really isn't that much, but when you're trying to think of a topic to write about, it seems like more than it really is. Anyways, I'm going to go rest my tired, sick body! 'Night everyone!

0 comments: