Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sleep

Why is it that sleep seems so unappealing at night, but in the morning it's all that matters? Maybe it's just me, but at night, all I want to do is stay up later. I'm just not ready to sleep yet. However, in the morning, when I'm supposed to be getting up and getting ready for school, I really don't want to get up! My bed just seems really warm and comfortable, and suddenly I'm tired. I start thinking, Oh, I'll get up in 5 minutes. I'm just going to lay back down for a second... And next thing I know, half an hour has gone by and I'm running late.

I've just never been an early riser. When I first wake up, I'm pretty cranky and in a bad mood until I'm really awake. Nighttime is a different matter. I can just stay up for hours and keep making excuses why I shouldn't go to bed yet. (It usually happens the worst when I'm reading a really good book and I don't want to put it down)

Anyways, I've decided that the resolution to this problem is to start going to bed earlier. In one of my classes we had a lesson about how we should make goals and write them down. I'm writing one of mine on this blog! My new goal is to be in bed, lights out by 11 o' clock. Maybe then waking up at 6:30 won't be so hard. :P I won't be so tired in the morning. I also won't be really rushed, and I'll have more time to get ready for school.

Well now I feel good about myself for setting a goal! I'm going to start it tonight, so I'd better go finish my math homework!

¡Adios, amigos! ¡Tengo que irme!

0 comments: